Insomnia Induced Insanity
|Dec. 28th, 2014 12:36 pm Another Meme - cos I'm procrastinating|
taken from bunney to do whilst I listen to the Good Omens radio play and put off doing lesson plans.1 comment - Leave a comment
What is your salad dressing of choice? Balsamic
What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? My old local pub - The Keg
What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of? Grilled Cheese
What are your pizza toppings of choice? Chicken, shrooms and extra cheese
What do you like to put on your toast? Butter and marmite
How many television sets are in your house? 1
What color cell phone do you have? Blue Samsung Galaxy S3
Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right-handed
Have you ever had anything removed from your body? tonsils, wisdom teeth
What is the last heavy item you lifted? my laptop
Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Nope. I have a thick skull.
If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Yes.
If you could change your name, what would you change it to? My name is unique, so i'm gonna keep it.
Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? Nope.
How many pairs of flip flops do you own? one
Last time you had a run-in with the cops? ummmm...uhhh...
Last person you talked to? my sister
Last person you hugged? i was hugged by my class of 6 year olds...
Day of the week? Saturday
Missing someone? no.
What are you listening to? Good Omens radio play
Watching? my spelling
Worrying about? making 50 baht stretch to pay day. saving enough cash for uni and student visa.
First place you went to this morning? the bathroom
What's the last movie you saw? The Thin Man (1934)
Do you smile often? Not anymore
1) Do you always answer your phone? Nope.
2) It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? spam from network
3) If you could change your eye color what would it be? brighter green
4) What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Not sure what Sonic is.
5) Do you own a digital camera? nope
6) Have you ever had a pet fish? nope
7) Favorite Christmas song? Santa Baby
8) What's on your wish list for your birthday? Boobjob
9) Can you do push ups? yes. just not many.
10) Can you do a chin up? i haven't tried.
11) Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Nervous - I have no idea what's coming.
12) Do you have any saved texts? no.
13) Ever been in a car wreck? nope.
14) Do you have an accent? yeah - british with a few south africanisms thrown in.
15) What is the last song to make you cry? can't recall
16) Plans tonight? pretty much the same as what i'm doing now.
17) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? A few times
18) Name 3 things you bought in the last week: coffee, drinking water, cigs.
19) Have you ever been given roses? yes.
20) Current worry? money and lack thereof.
21) Current hate right now? Bangkok. and being broke.
22) Met someone who changed your life? Yes and then he died.
23) How did you bring in the New Year? 2014 - wine and family. 2015 - wine and strangers.
24) What song represents you? All by myself by Celine Dion (at least for now)
25) Name three people who might complete this? No one reads my journal anymore
26) What were you doing 12 AM last night? attempting to sleep.
27) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? waking up alone again.
|Dec. 21st, 2014 09:50 am Update - I'm still alive|
So, Bangkok has been keeping me busy. Mostly with work.Leave a comment
My kids are equal parts amazing and assholes. I will be spending my xmas break doing lesson plans for the second half of the semester - fun.
I'm also doing TESOL tutoring online, so goodbye free time.
Thailand, being mostly Buddist, doesn't celebrate xmas except on a purely commercial level. All the malls are done up and to be honest, it looks amazing.
I have been reading a lot, mostly about the dark ages - I've rekindled my love for history.
I have read - An Utterly Impartial History of Britian
and - 1000 years of Annoying the French
All three are hilarious historical insights.
I also joined an expat wine club, so, I'm peopling once a week. Which is good.
I had to pop over to Cambodia yesterday for a visa renewal. It's green. That's about it.
I plan to do more touristy things next year, when I have cash. Which is still pretty tight.
Merry xmas you lot. Hope its a good one.
|Dec. 21st, 2014 09:27 am Meme|
Borrowed from mizzy2k2 comments - Leave a comment
Give me a show/fandom and I'll answer -
Top 5 favourite characters:
Other characters you like:
Least favourite character:
Moment that made you fangirl/boy the hardest:
When it really disappointed you:
Most well done character death:
Favourite guest star:
Favourite cast member:
Character you wish was still alive:
One thing you hope really happens:
Most shocking twist:
When did you start watching/reading:
Trope you wish they would stop using:
One thing this show/book/film does better than others:
Couple you would like to see:
Actor/Actress you want to join the cast:
Most boring plotline:
Best flashback/flashfoward if any:
Most layered character:
Best looking male:
Best looking female:
Who you’re crushing on (if any):
Most beautiful scene (scenery/shot wise):
Unanswered question/continuity issue/plot error that bugs you:
At what point did you fall in love with this show/book:
|Dec. 14th, 2014 02:35 pm|
Leave a comment
|Nov. 23rd, 2014 10:08 pm Avengers...|
So, the opening sequence of the trailer of Age of Ultron had me in stitches. I could watch that for the entire movie. Did they steal the idea from tumblr??Leave a comment
|Nov. 22nd, 2014 12:26 pm Guys....|
I'm writing again!!!2 comments - Leave a comment
|Nov. 17th, 2014 06:48 pm Banging Bangkok|
First off - sorry about the silence. Been busy with work. Kids really take it out of you.1 comment - Leave a comment
So, Bangkok. What a shithole. It smells of either amazing spicy food or open sewers from one step to the next.
Its a huge contradiction between opulence and money then depraved poverty.
I was in the big Siam Paragon mall yesterday - It has a whole floor just with luxury cars in like Maseratis, Astons etc. Holy moly!
What kills me is the price of wine here. I'm used to paying USD4 / GBP3 for a decent bottle of wine at home. Here they start at 700baht (USD20). It hurts my brain.
And yes, everyone is going on about the street food, but the last thing you want is an unidentifiable dish of food that has been soaking up pollution all day.
My kids are 6yrs old and can be utter assholes. But at the same time, they give me hugs and sticker bomb me everyday. It's pretty cool. I have 2 part time gigs - kindergarten sunday school and a korean girl who needs to be tutored.
Doesn't leave much time for a social life, which suits me, cos most of the people I've met here are wankers anyway.
Once I finish this contract in March, I'm gonna find somewhere else to go.
|Oct. 15th, 2014 10:32 pm Thailand|
Its been forever since I was here, but in my tie, it feels like a few days.1 comment - Leave a comment
Its been a blur of hot, humid days, random rain storms, class rooms and chaos!
I've been selected for a school in Bangkok central (not my first choice, but I can't be choosy when it comes to work.)
Next week this time I'd have graduated my course and packed my bags. I start proper teaching on the 27th - ESL 1st grade. OMG. I'm so nervous.
But hey, I'm alive and getting a slight tan - so life is good.
|Sep. 19th, 2014 10:48 am Meme |
Because yenny2206 asked...4 comments - Leave a comment
Birthday: 5 September
Hair: Blonde (natural)
Body Type: Queen Latifah
Relationship Status: Single
Religious Views: Each to their own
Political Views: Who are these clowwns running the world???
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Flower: Tulips and Poppies.
Favorite Movie(s): There is a top ten in each genre for different reasons.
Favorite Song(s): See above answer
3 Random Facts about you:
1.) I am South African (according to my passport)
2.) I hate sharing.
3.) The older I get, the less I like people in general
Story behind your username:
Inspired by a poem I read in high school - Tyger Tyger Burning Bright yada yada yada (I have an atrocious memory)
1. Nickname(s): my real name is pretty complicated, so no nicknames work, but it does rhyme with Jolene, and so my friends sing the opening to the song everytime I get called up for karaoke.
2. Age: 30 (sigh)
3. Location: Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa (untl 28th Sept, then it'll be HuaHin, Thailand)
4. Occupation: English Teacher (TESOL) (well, from end October anyway.)
5. Partner: None
6. Kid(s): 2 border collies
7. Brothers/Sisters: 2 sisters that I share blood with and 1 brother and 1 sister by marriage.
8. Pets: 2 border collies collectively known as "Trouble"
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
1.) Moving to Thailand
2.) Stressed whilst being unemployed
3.) Leaving my mom alone to date unsupervised (this has not ended well in the past)
4.) In emotional and mental limbo
10.Parents: My mom is my best friend after reconnecting with her in my twenties (she missed my teen years by moving to Mozambique when I was 16). Earning my dad's respect by running away to London when I was 21. We are very different, yet so alike. Wish I could give them grandkids, but my wanderlust preails and they support it 110%.
11. Who are some of your closest friends?
I have a tightknit group of friends from high school that I can rely on. They know me so well and humour my flights of fancy.
12. What are some of the things you like most? I don't know anymore. I'm going to have to rediscover those things over the next few years.
13.A photo of yourself and anything else you want to say: No photo cos I'm going through a fat phase right now.
I'm down with a cold and have 9 days left until I start a whole new part of my life. I'm bouncing between the spectrum of emotions on a daily basis.
|Sep. 4th, 2014 09:34 pm Always Running...|
So, on the eve of my 30th, I've been watching Matt Smith Dr Who as Clara irritates me and I've yet to warm up to Capaldi (sue me).4 comments - Leave a comment
Anyway, I've realised something very important.
I am utterly terrified of being forced to settle and live a quiet, calm life in case I miss anything. And with this comes the collateral damage of a relationship and partner. And yet, when I see Amy and Rory travelling around with the Doctor, it gives me hope. It makes me realise that the right person will be someone who WANTS to travel with me.
I have yet to find that person, but the glimmer exists. And until I find that person, I'm going to fill my passport.
Back a Page